The Girl on the Train

The Girl on the TrainThe Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Read this book out of curiosity to find out what made it so famous. The point is, I still don't understand why..

Some books make you feel that America is filled with scientists, geniuses, spies or detectives. This one gives you an impression that the USA is replete with scary psychopaths, liars, drunkards, murderers, womanizers and cheats. The thought that I actually went through this book makes me puke. Damn it.

One single event goes back and forth, back and forth, through the eyes of an alcoholic woman, and the problem is, she is such a heavy drunkard that all her memories are blurred. Where is the point in going back and forth, and back and forth on something:
1. which never happened or
2. she just doesn't remember completely.

A total waste of precious time.. My precious. Our precious. They stole it from us. Paula Hawkins.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depression? Fight it! Chapter 1 : Help Others

சுடாதே...: Sudadhe... (Tamil)

The Bell Jar