2001: A Space Odyssey

2001: A Space Odyssey (Space Odyssey, #1)2001: A Space Odyssey by Arthur C. Clarke
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

First of all - Thanks to my buddy for picking this book. I am pretty sure I would have otherwise returned this book without reading

Wow. Amazing. Astounding. Brilliant. I am completely lost for words. This is the absolute experience one expects to travel through while reading a science-fiction. Thanks to Arthur Clarke, for taking me through an amazing ride through space-time.

Though a few pages in middle made the reading a little tough, when the going gets tough, the tough gets going. The finish, amply made up for the sloppy middle.

But no, as the pages sped by, and as I traveled through the Star Gate into the Grand Central, I almost felt like God Himself. Oh yes, the feeling is simply beyond anything that can be expressed in words.

If this wasn't breath-taking enough, what can one say of the ending. Spell-binding? Dumbstruck? Oh. anything. Absolutely anything.

Half way through the book, I was pretty confident that this book was going to be "just another I, Robot", but I was soon to be mistaken, for there is no other book like this that was ever written, and none like the 2001 space odyssey shall ever be written by mankind - for Arthur Clarke is the one and only Ultimate Creator.

Though the book leaves a couple of loose ends and unanswered questions, I wouldn't bother about them too much.

And the movie, oh the movie. They did make a movie out of this holy book, and what can I say of it? Not much of an experience. The travel through nothingness wasn't comparable with the book by any means.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depression? Fight it! Chapter 1 : Help Others

சுடாதே...: Sudadhe... (Tamil)

Lily Torrence