A Thousand Splendid Suns

A Thousand Splendid SunsA Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Thank you Khaled Hosseini, for delivering such an amazing piece of Afghan History. I feel extremely honored to have read this book.

Thanks to my friend Vidya for recommending this author to me. I am completely spell-bound.

I have lived through three generations of Afghanistan, seen poetry, Koran, war, death, rape, torture, lost my leg, murder, love, friendship, loss, and best of all hope...

The way the characters shape themselves over the pages is amazing. What would one not do in the name of love? For the love that is shamelessly denied, for a love that comes seeking from the most unexpected crevices?

Anything for Love! In a land shrouded in warfare and injustice against women, there are two things that live on - Love and Hope..

Thank you Khaled for taking me through such a marvelous experience, the feel of which is simply beyond words!!


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depression? Fight it! Chapter 1 : Help Others

சுடாதே...: Sudadhe... (Tamil)

The Bell Jar