Hope - Poem by me

Hope


River Saraswati or so they call me I think
I begin from the mountains: Running
Through the ups and downs of the land
I wish to one day reach the sea


The distance is far, the path runs ruthlessly
Children play on my banks joyously
People quench their thirst and bathe on me
Oh, they've made me way too slimy

I go on a rollercoaster ride; 
a rise and then I steeply fall; as
Little streams join me on the way - for we all
Wish to one day reach the sea

The more the creeks that merge with me,
The more powerful I become
We all dream a singular dream
That we may one day reach the sea.

New tributaries bring in new stories
 That we exchange so many
The more the merrier, and now, we know
That we will together one day reach the sea

Sometimes we make the wrong turn
Someone says left, another says right
A third said straight, another, "Go back"
Oh at this rate, will we ever reach the sea?


We suddenly hear a savage noise
From someone more ferocious than us
We begin to celebrate for now we know
That today we have almost reached the sea

She is not very far, we know she's there
We've forgotten our pains and
Have not a single care, for
We know for sure we've almost reached the sea.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depression? Fight it! Chapter 1 : Help Others

சுடாதே...: Sudadhe... (Tamil)

The Bell Jar