Book - Poem by me

A book was lying all by herself, the title so inviting;
The cover so flashy and bright, and as gay as the morning sunlight
Is she a story of love and happiness?
or does she embody suffering and pain?

I believe a book is a girl's best friend.
Now, I  know why both of us are alone and abandoned.
We were meant for one another, 
but then who in the world are you?

Are you of this planet or another?
   With a galaxy and a meteor or two?
Do you relate to hunger and suffering?
  Or have stories of abundance and wasting?

What treasures do you hide within you?
Is the knowledge contemporary or ancient?
Of green pastures and velvet grass.
Or platinum, gold, Silver and brass? 

I cannot wait to lay my hands
On this bundle of beauty lying by herself
You are my soulmate and there is no other,
Who will stay beside me through any weather. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depression? Fight it! Chapter 1 : Help Others

சுடாதே...: Sudadhe... (Tamil)

The Bell Jar