All About Women by Taslima Nasrin

All About Women
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is my first book by the controversial feminist poet.

Wow!! Such a small masterpiece! Finished reading in less than two hours. This book has the pain and agony that every woman undergoes in life.
A true magnum opus, though the translation was way too shabby..

"In the instinct of no-creature-of-Nature
the birth of a female is considered
undesirable.
Only humans consider it strange."

I was able to connect with almost every bit of emotion shared in the book. Its a poetry of everything I ever wished to express as a woman!

Pain and words i wanted to express for long, anger that i wanted to vent out is finally bundled up in this one little book of Bangla poetry..

Glad to have met my alter ego in Taslima.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depression? Fight it! Chapter 1 : Help Others

சுடாதே...: Sudadhe... (Tamil)

The Bell Jar