Where Angels Fear To Tread

Where Angels Fear to Tread
Where Angels Fear to Tread by E.M. Forster
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I picked this book because it was very short - 148 pages precisely.

Wonderful read!! Such a different subject dealt with interestingly in a book written in, as old as 1905!! Words fail me..

Lilia, a widow dares to marry another man against the wishes of the first in-laws, but unfortunately dies in child-birth.

However, Ms. Abbott's point for choosing Gino over Philip is quite unacceptable. I beg to differ with her opinion. Miss Abbott claims that Gino makes decisions on his own, while Philip simply follows the biddings of his mother, though he possesses strong opinions.

Nowhere in the book is Gino shown to have strong decision-making power- he follows whatever Lilia says, or, at times his friend. I do not find proof to substantiate the lady's claim, and I deeply wish, she might have done better to fall for Mr. Herriton.

Overall, an engaging read, in a hitherto untouched genre! Kudos to EM Foster! :)



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depression? Fight it! Chapter 1 : Help Others

சுடாதே...: Sudadhe... (Tamil)

The Bell Jar