The Subtle Art of Whatever..

The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good LifeThe Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life by Mark Manson
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Well baby, you simply ain't my kinda book. I completed 20% of the book, and don't wanna give a fuck about it anymore.

Frankly speaking, I am not a person who is too much into non-fiction - particularly self-help/philosophy of all genres.

In the 20% that I read, I found the author's thoughts similar to "Aruvi" movie dialog and ideas of Gautama Buddha, along with a dozen 'fucks' lavishly sprinkled across every page. He also emphasizes that we choose our pain in life - our life is what we are willing to toil for. Now, excuse me, who doesn't know this?

Given that I am a person who is quite interested in Buddhist teachings (to a little extent), I find Buddhist tenets a far better thing to sleep over, than this book.

Fuck you Mark, and I am not sorry.

On seeing other reviews, I am just too glad to find that a lot of other people who share a similar idea as I do, a lot of people have given a single star, from being unable to give anything lesser - people who do believe the author to be a sexist moron - Mark Manson, that's what you are. Well, glad I am not the only one here who felt so.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depression? Fight it! Chapter 1 : Help Others

சுடாதே...: Sudadhe... (Tamil)

The Bell Jar