The God of Small Things - Arundhati Roy

The God of Small ThingsThe God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I cannot believe that I shelved this book a year back - finding pickles a rather boring way to start a book. Now, I wish I could give you more than five stars.

This first novel by Arundhati Roy is a marvel. I found the repetitive unannounced flash-backs and flash-forwards way too annoying. That apart, everything else was awesome!

The portrayal of classes, untouchables, the ground reality, searching for love in the most unlikely and unconventional places - name it, and this book had it all.

I was very eager to find out who the God of Small Things was, and the revelation was beautiful - "To love by night the man her children loved by day."

Thank you for such a wonderful read Ms. Arundhati Roy.

Life is not a bed of roses, but it is amply fed by thorns, thorns that stick to you no matter what, thorns you can never get rid of. What a poignant tale! Lovely.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depression? Fight it! Chapter 1 : Help Others

சுடாதே...: Sudadhe... (Tamil)

Quantum Cryptography